Monday, December 19, 2011

bottom stickers

this one is going to be a quickie because i have already queued up my holiday montage and am ready to wrap some presents! i had a sneaking feeling this morning as your dad was rushing off to work that he didn't move Roxy last night. i sent him a text message and i was right. as usual.

i threw jack in the shower and snuck downstairs with the baby to move him. i walked into the play room and the first thing i saw was the fire truck! seemed like a perfect opportunity.



your dad owes me tonight!

in other news, baby eleanor is eating cereal now! she seems to really enjoy it as she dives for the spoon and shoves her little fingers in her mouth in between bites. i am hoping this will help keep her full through the night. 


its a rare occasion around here that i am allowed time by myself. i mean, most of the time, i have one or more of you following me into the bathroom. you can imagine my delight today when i was drying my hair alone. i just kept brushing it, relishing in the moment, when i noticed it was quiet. too quiet. quiet means bad things are happening, a disturbance in the force. i turned the dryer off to get a better listen. still quiet. 

i walked into my bedroom to this:


you were busily unwrapping a couple of maxi pads. i paused for thought, then recalled the blonde flash running in and out of the bathroom earlier. you all seemed kinda content and it was taking awhile for your nimble little fingers to get them open, so i thought it was worth $3.89 for a little mommy time. 

but then. . . i felt like maybe i needed to retract that decision when you came into the bathroom to show me this:




"mommy, look! look what buggy and i did with your bottom stickers! we are making super hero costumes!" jack said with enthusiasm. 



ah, the price a mom pays for a little freedom! 




1 comment:

  1. I love it!!! Reminds me of when my two middle kids were 3yrs and 2yrs old. After putting the baby down for a nap, I walked into the living room to find a long, winding road of 'bottom stickers'. They were quite the team...

    ReplyDelete